Wednesday, April 4, 2007

USATF headphone rules will be enforced at Grandma's

One of the things I love about running outside is hearing the sounds of nature. The frogs in the spring, the rustling of leaves in the fall, and all year I appreciate being able to hear the traffic around me (for safety reasons, not because I love the sound of motors).

Every once in a while I'll put on headphones, but for me it's pretty rare. Some people, however, feel like they can't make it through even a few miles without music. I won't say any one way is right or wrong, but the USATF does. This year Grandma's Marathon has made a lot of noise about the fact that they will be complying with USATF rules and will not be tolerating headphones on the course. The Star Trib posted an article today noting the newly enforced rules.

My recommendation...leave the MP3 player at home...
Anne

1 comment:

Kirk said...

Dang, how am I going to get through the marathon without my dose of AC/DC Back in Black? Oh wait, I'm only running the half...